Territory Manager – Faser Valley
About Bruce Ashley Group
For nearly three decades, our dedicated team has been passionately and progressively reshaping the Canadian beverage marketplace.
Proudly representing over 60 alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage brands from every corner of the globe, our unwavering aim has been to uncover gems within the domestic and international beverage scene, and in doing so, become the beverage company of choice for our suppliers and retail partners—all to better serve the demands of Canadian consumers.
About the Role
We are looking for a Territory Manager to drive Bruce Ashley Group’s portfolio sales and maximize competitive advantage at point of sale for Retail Stores (BCLS and select retailers) and On-Premise accounts in the Fraser Valley area.
As a Territory Manager, you will be required to:
- Professionally represent Bruce Ashley Group with customers in the market to improve the overall image of the company’s portfolio of brands.
- Call on Territory Retail Outlets in a defined territory to maximize Bruce Ashley Group’s volume and value share.
- Deliver on established targets behind the critical sales fundamentals – distribution, shelving, display, pricing, and promotion.
- Manage inventory levels in Retail Outlets in a defined sales territory.
- Manage relevant territory sales data by tracking, analyzing, and providing next step action to identified areas of development.
- Report (monthly sales, planning, expense, etc.), forecast, and plan for territory growth.
- Build and manage relationships with customers through managers, decision makers, and sales staff.
- Educate audiences on Bruce Ashley Group’s portfolio through various promotional activities such as tastings, presentations to members of the trade or consumers, and attendance at special events such as product tastings, clinics, etc.
- Deploy effective and efficient budget control.
- Ensure all activities are conducted within provincial and federal laws and regulations.
- Act responsibly and with high personal and social integrity toward all stakeholders at all times.
Requirements and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in a sales position.
- Previous sales experience in a multi-channel environment.
- Previous experience in the Alcoholic Beverage Industry preferred.
- Solid understanding of beer and spirits market dynamics.
- Degree or diploma in business with a focus in sales or marketing or equivalent experience.
- Applicable alcohol service training program certification (Serving it Right).
- Strong customer orientation, possessing strong negotiation skills, with the ability to motivate others to achieve mutually beneficial sales objectives.
- Track record of successful experience building, growing, and managing a channel and territory.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Physically able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Proactive, well–organized, and able to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak and present to key decisions makers, both internally and externally as required.
- Periodic travel required. May be required to attend events and promotions after hours.
- Knowledge of using social media frequently and effectively for promotional purposes.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.